Welcome!

We are so thankful for the wonderful friends and family God's given us! We are glad to share our lives with you. Enjoy your visit to our blog...

Friday, July 20, 2007

yes ma'am, he's married - to me!

Tall, handsome, caucasian men are in great demand in the Philippines! We saw an example of this walking to the nearby fruitstand lately. This story was too funny not to share! A lady standing a distance from the stand started calling to Todd, "Hi Joe!" (a leftover term from the GI Joes here), and yelling out that he was handsome. Then she approached us and asked Todd to buy her a mango. Now, mind you, this lady did not look malnourished in ANY sense of the word. I asked her if she had a job, so she turned to me and said (in Tagalog) that she was fat because she had to drink so much water. NEXT she asked me if Todd was married to me. I told her "yes", so her final comment before walking off was saying "I love you, Joe!" to Todd. Poor Todd. He can't help being a chick magnet. We should add that most women here are completely polite - this was an odd situation (thankfully!).

No comments: