Welcome!

We are so thankful for the wonderful friends and family God's given us! We are glad to share our lives with you. Enjoy your visit to our blog...

Monday, November 5, 2007

Sunset with the cows...this is next to my Grandma's house, where we are staying. Elijah seemed to like the cows. Being outside is his favorite thing, unless it's really cold. We had the first beautiful, swirly flakes of snow today! This is Elijah's 'hat' from a week ago, getting his EEG. What a trooper...
Here we are today, having a ph probe test. Poor Elijah has to have a little tube down his throat until tomorrow morning. He's had this test before, when he was about 9 months old, and it is remarkable how much better he's handling everything this time around. Consequently, we are much happier people, too!

Elijah was given a loaner kid cart to use until his own can be ordered! A few days ago, he went on his FIRST EVER walk without having to be carried! I felt that was such a huge milestone for us both! He made it about 1/4 mile without fussing!!

Before Elijah was born, I dreamed about taking our baby for walks in the new red stroller we were given at his baby shower. I couldn't wait to take our little one outside and explore the world! We attempted to take walks so many times, but either he was always crying and/or his stiff muscle tone made sitting in that or any other stroller impossible. So Elijah and I would just take short walks and I would carry him. Sometimes I would feel so discouraged by the effort it took just to get us outside for a few minutes! I know that the struggles definitely aren't over, but it was such a boost to push Elijah's little "stroller" down the street! To see him enjoying himself was the best part. We'll post a picture of his new wheels soon.

3 comments:

Borbe Bunch said...

walks are fun...enjoy every precious moment.
milestones are what WE make them!
LOVE YOU.

Mrs. K said...

Hey y'all!
I'm glad you made it back safely to the States. Maybe I'll get to see you at Christmas time if you will be in Ekalaka.
We pray for you at the beginning of my classes here at ABC and also at my church and we will continue to do so.
The kids at Good News Club love hearing updates about Elijah and praying for him.
Luv Ya!

The Moffits said...

God is so good, Julie. You and Elijah out for a walk - how beautiful.