Welcome!

We are so thankful for the wonderful friends and family God's given us! We are glad to share our lives with you. Enjoy your visit to our blog...

Friday, February 8, 2008

a new job - and more sleep!

As of yesterday, Todd has been hired as a liaison engineer by an aircraft company in Idaho. We’re so excited, and we praise God for providing this job and for clearly marking out our paths!

Leaving New Tribes Mission wasn’t an easy decision for us. We believe strongly in the work they are doing and the focus they have – bringing the Gospel to isolated people groups who don’t have the chance to hear. However, the company Todd will be working for has the same focus; they are building planes specifically designed for the type of conditions mission aviation presents. Isn’t the Lord good to give Todd this job?

We were in Montana when we received the job offer for Todd. I happened to be sick, so I had several hours to think, pray, and process everything while I rested (I was happy to be sick so I could rest!). Initially, I was sad even to think about the possibility of leaving NTM. Being missionaries has been our heart’s desire both as single individuals and for the past three years as a married couple. We’ve invested years of time in training to go, and then working in Arizona and the Philippines. Two things, however, have given me enormous peace:

1.) I trust my husband to make the final decisions.
2.) I trust God’s plans for my life! They may not look like my plans; in fact, in many ways right now, they don’t look like mine at all. I don’t want to hold onto my life with a tightly-closed fist, grasping for control. I want it to be His.


Help me remember, Lord, that this isn't my life...I've given it to the man who died for me.


-------------------------------------------------------



We also have one HUGE praise we want to share with you about little Elijah! He slept nearly through the night last night (seven hours) without waking up!!!!!!!!!!!! Those of you who know our struggles and serious lack of sleep for the past twenty-one months realize this is a very good thing!

He has also reached the point of being able to (usually) cry himself to sleep at night. Now, that might not sound like a big thing. But for parents who have spent hundreds of hours sitting on an exercise ball bouncing a child to sleep who had no neurological ability to calm himself, it is like we were just handed a million bucks on a platter!

2 comments:

Borbe Bunch said...

What good news!! SLEEP :) How great, God is so good.
I am so excited for you in your next step the Lord is bringing you on...we also have entered a new season of life...change is hard, but good when directed by the Lord!
MUCH love,
Liz for our Bunch of Borbes

Andrea said...

Sleep=feeling like a new woman! yay!