Welcome!

We are so thankful for the wonderful friends and family God's given us! We are glad to share our lives with you. Enjoy your visit to our blog...

Thursday, March 20, 2008

adventures of the Idahoans

Thank you if you prayed for our travels to Idaho! Todd drove and Elijah and I, plus my sister Kallia, flew. Elijah and I loved getting to see our Man again when we met up with Todd! Sweet reunion.

I noticed at the airport that I'm getting used to feeling "different" wheeling our little guy around. I have never enjoyed being conspicuous, so it's a big challenge for me not to cringe on the inside when I catch people's sidelong glances at the small boy in the wheelchair. I'm learning to meet those looks with a smile, a smile that says 'I'm proud to be that cute little boy's Mommy'. Yeah, it's ok to be different. I hope that anyone who sees Elijah and I together can walk away with a little glimpse of God's love. All for His glory!!

We started apartment shopping today. The last time we did this, it was hot and we were riding jeepneys or just hoofing it through the streets of Manila. What a contrast! Here, the curbs are piled high with snow and we are cruising along in our van.

This little town is just so beautiful! We have mountains in about every direction. I want and I've been dreaming about ''just the right home" someday, but maybe (maybe??) what the Lord wants more for me now is contentment with what I have and where I'm at.

Thank you, Lord, for this beautiful place. Keep reminding me, Father, that we're just passing through...that my home is not here. Home is up ahead and it's better than anything I can dream up.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Julie,
Just knowing you guys won't be at church on Sunday makes me sad... We miss you already.
We are so pleased that you are resting in the Lord. I am doing some of that myself and it is such a great place to be (no matter where you are longitudinally, right?).
We love you dearly and look forward to a reunion with you when the Lord allows.

Borbe Bunch said...

My sweet Julie,
I love to read about your love and pride in being Elijah's mommy...you are so right, it is OK to be different, enjoy this privilege and gift.
I LOVE to see his smile in his swing, what a sweet little guy!
Happy House Hunting, love ya!
Liz

Andrea said...

julie,
you are so inspiring to me as a mother.
i love to think about you wheelin' your little guy around, for God's glory. amen.
blessings to your beautiful family, julie.