Welcome!

We are so thankful for the wonderful friends and family God's given us! We are glad to share our lives with you. Enjoy your visit to our blog...

Thursday, March 6, 2008

halls of memories

We're back in WI, and Elijah is peacefully sleeping in his hospital bed tonight, smelling like glue and sprouting wires from his head. Cute little man! He's making the sweetest noises while he sleeps, as if he's dreaming about his bottle.

Today and tonight is his EEG to monitor the suspected seizures. Hopefully we'll know a little more by tomorrow about what's going on. Being here today has made me thankful for this good hospital, and all the skilled and caring people who help our boy. (I've also noticed that it helps one's attitude immensely to have a child who's not crying the entire time.)

Walking down the hall tonight, I kept having flashbacks of all the different memories we've had in this place. Nearly two years ago, these corridors were foreign, frightening, and filled with unimaginable pain. Tears we cried that we couldn't seem to stop.

Walking the same halls today, I'm grateful to say that those days feel distant now. In their place is a new life, a new normal, and joy that only God can give.


Keep teaching me, Father, through the hallways of life.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Julie, Your post reminds me of something that happened to me recently...
I was talking with Mrs. Davis about the babies we lost and she shared that she had three miscarriages as well.
I never knew that about her and as she said those things it was like my mind stopped listening to what she was saying and I had the thought that this too shall pass and that we will be able to survive these hard days.
Do you know what I mean? For me it was SO great to hear that someone that I know has been through it (like 45 years earlier) and their lives are better for it and they can look back on those days and not cry their eyes out but simply say, "We had that happen too."

Andrea said...

Julie...
amen.
praying for Elijah today--