Welcome!

We are so thankful for the wonderful friends and family God's given us! We are glad to share our lives with you. Enjoy your visit to our blog...

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

the little things of the day

Elijah had his first dentist appointment today - he was so cute! He grinds his teeth a lot, so I didn't know what we would hear...but all is good, at least for now. Yay!

We stopped to visit Todd at work afterwards. I am so blessed to be with a man who always makes me feel like I'm the highlight of his day, even if he is loaded down with responsibilities and pressures. I love stopping in at his work!

The speech therapist was supposed to come to our house in the afternoon, but Elijah and I took a vacation today instead. We played on the floor and (I) made chicken soup, a little antidote to all the cold weather we're having. There was even snow dusting the tops of the evergreens today on the mountains.

It felt good to free up our afternoon and just relax a little. Every time a therapist comes to our house, which is several times weekly, I think everything needs to be tidy...and today I just didn't want that pressure. I love an orderly home, but I would also like the ability to swallow my pride and be completely non-apologetic (and also completely comfortable) if someone stops by and things aren't perfect. Keep working on me, Lord...

No comments: