Welcome!

We are so thankful for the wonderful friends and family God's given us! We are glad to share our lives with you. Enjoy your visit to our blog...

Friday, September 26, 2008

no SPECT scan


Thursday morning (yesterday), Elijah woke up with a cold. He is rarely sick. Todd and I both immediately thought that "God is preventing this SPECT scan for some reason". (Due to the sedation used, Elijah's congestion would be bad combined with anesthesia.) So, no scan today...and later on, we found out that perhaps some things had been overlooked concerning insurance coverage. For whatever the reason, things have postponed again.

I am frustrated at how long this process is taking for Elijah to get hyperbaric oxygen therapy. We have been working on this for months...and have spent many hours researching, talking to people on the phone, and trying to arrange the details. It is a full-time job to juggle my child's medical care and schedule!! :) I'm not sure how one little boy can be so complicated, but I think I'm going to start calling myself his administrative assistant.

Whenever I start stressing over the time it's taking to get started with HBOT, I feel a little tug inside my heart...the Lord saying, "Rest...it's in My hands". So while I continue to do all possible, the stress is not mine to take. God knows the perfect time for Elijah's brain to receive this therapy.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Julie~ I love Elijah's hair! Thank you for such a lovely visit yesterday. Love~ Amanda

lynnj said...

His little curls look like they are perm tight now! So cute!

Carrie said...

Sorry to hear the spec scan did not go through. We pray for Elijah daily.

We are all good and enjoying a little cooler weather.
Hugs!