Welcome!

We are so thankful for the wonderful friends and family God's given us! We are glad to share our lives with you. Enjoy your visit to our blog...

Thursday, December 4, 2008

done, done, done!!

Elijah and I are finally home after our two-month odyssey. No more traveling, no more living out of a suitcase, no more being separated from my husband! Elijah's 40 hyperbaric oxygen treatments are DONE! It was a terrific feeling to step out of the chamber the last time and think "I don't have to come back here tomorrow".

We're so thankful for the opportunity we had to do this therapy, and we continue to see new (good) things changing for Elijah. I am really happy that his muscles seem to be less tight, and that makes standing and stretching more comfortable. For example, before HBOT, Elijah seemed to equate being in his stander (a device that holds him in an upright position) with torture! Today he spent 15-20 minutes standing without any fussing at all.

I am also so, so excited that Elijah's drooling has nearly stopped! He literally owns a small drawerful of bibs, and before HBOT I probably changed his his soaking-wet bib 5-8 times a day. He hasn't worn a bib for days now (although he drools a tiny bit here and there still). I would really like to take all of those bibs from the drawer, cut them into small pieces and then throw them in the trash with a celebratory whoop, but I convinced myself to wait. I might need them while Elijah learns to handle food.

Another great thing we're noticing is that Elijah's vision seems to be improving; at the very least, he is making more of an attempt to locate us, and seems to be focusing more. Praise the Lord for all of these wonderful improvements!

Yesterday was the last treatment, so today I spent cleaning and unpacking. I am so glad to be...home.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

We praise the Lord with you for all of these things, Julie and Todd.
Will we see you at Christmas?

Todd and Julie said...

Hello Kristina!
We don't have any plans right now to make it "home" for Christmas. We're going to try for this spring sometime. :) love, julie

Carrie said...

WOW! We are delighted the treatment is now over. Way to go Elijah! I hope you will continue to see improvements every day!

We are beginning Christmas shopping and decorating and that is always fun!
<3 Carrie

Fruit tart said...

Whoohoo! What excellent news! I praise God for this tremendous blessing.

Fruit tart said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Fruit tart said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Fruit tart said...
This comment has been removed by the author.