Welcome!

We are so thankful for the wonderful friends and family God's given us! We are glad to share our lives with you. Enjoy your visit to our blog...

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

our cozy little place

For the curious, this is what our apartment looks like here, in the middle of Manila! We love it and it feels like home. We were blessed to find a furnished apartment, so the only things we own are the (used) fridge and the kitchen table/chairs.
The kitchen and dining area takes up one half of the living area. We also hang our clothes to dry on a rack in this area (behind me as I took the photo).
This is the other half of the living area. The curtains and the couch covers were made for us by a lady here. The old covers were very ugly with pink flowers.


Here you can see the whole 'scope'. The outside door is at the left of the picture. And for those familiar with our family, you will also see the "primary baby-calming device" of the past year; the big white ball. (We will forever be indebted to Kristina and Panchito for the idea!) As a side note, we brought two of these to Manila, and one met an unfortunate death a few weeks ago when Todd and Elijah were sitting on it together. Todd heard the little 'hiss' of an air leak, and decided to put his finger over the hole. Bad idea. A mili-second later, the ball exploded! Todd and Elijah revived quickly after the initial shock...and then we laughed. And laughed. And laughed.

4 comments:

Diane said...

Greetings Todd and Julie! I can see why you love your apartment. You've made it very much into a comfortable home for your family. I use drying racks for our clothes in the summer too. Not sure what our neighbors think. The lady who made the couch covers and curtains did an amazing job. Couch covers are especially not easy! Tell Todd the ball exploding episode reminds me of when I zapped myself from the electrical outlets in his kitchen. If it has the same effect on him as me, he'll never be quite the same! I would have thought covering up the hole in the ball would have worked. When you come back to the states, will you be spending your time mainly in Wisconsin or will you be able to come to Wichita as well? Elijah has won our hearts. We love you all. "Blessed be the Lord God, the God of Israel, who alone works wonders" (Ps. 72:18).

Vanessa said...

Hey guys, your apartment looks amazing! (I see my pics inspired you to post your apartment :) haha) I especially love the wood furniture you have there. Julie you and your decorating always amaze me! I got your voicemail, and will call you late tonight, hopefully you will be awake :) love you all!

Susanna said...

Todd and Julie,
It has been so log since I have read the web site and looked at the pictures. I went through all of it. It tells so much more than your emails. I miss you three so much! Your apartment is so great! E is so cute. I love the pictures of him smiling. I remember when we took Astri camping the first time. That was when she said her first words. She was a slow talker and walker. She is loving college by the way!! She will be in France spring semester. It is so exciting to hear how God is answering your deepest heart desires.

I love you all!

Todd and Julie said...

Love to you all, dear ones. Thanks for the notes. Diane, I think we are planning to come to Wichita at some point, but not sure when. :)