Welcome!

We are so thankful for the wonderful friends and family God's given us! We are glad to share our lives with you. Enjoy your visit to our blog...

Monday, October 8, 2007

fresh air

Have you ever breathed just for the sheer joy of tasting the air?

Today Todd and I took the motorcycle to Faith Academy, a school for missionary's kids on the edge of town. It's a beautiful campus; lots of green and pretty views. It was so refreshing even to be out there for an hour or so. Looking around, I suddenly realized that the air smelled good...clean and fresh, like plants. I inhaled it, gulped it in while it lasted; big delicious lung-fuls.

I want to remember what it feels like to be so thankful for good air to breathe. While I wish I didn't have to live and breathe in smog every day, it's good in the sense of cultivating thankfulness in my heart. Thankfulness for the simple things I used to take for granted.

There are other ways living in the Philippines has done that for me. More to come on that...

Elijah update:
We took him to the hospital lab early in the morning on Friday for the medication-level blood test, only to have them refuse to do the test we needed because he wasn't an in-patient. We called the doctor who had ordered the test, and he didn't think he could do anything about it, but he would try.

Today we went to pick up the results, and sure enough, the lab had done some other work but not the important test. Then we found out we could have a lab tech from a hospital that would do the right test come to our home for about $4.00. Yes, you read that right. I'm so glad that we don't have to deal with heavy morning traffic and attempting to find the new hospital, all before Elijah's breakfast.

So, tomorrow Elijah will have his blood drawn, and then we'll wait again for the results.

All of this waiting is a little unnerving when your child is having a lot of seizures! Please join us in praying as Elijah's journey continues.

Take a deep breath of good-smelling air for me today, and thank the Father...

No comments: