Welcome!

We are so thankful for the wonderful friends and family God's given us! We are glad to share our lives with you. Enjoy your visit to our blog...

Tuesday, January 1, 2008

home

Montana...the sweeping prairies, rugged buttes and pine forests here are all balm for my soul. Thank you, Father, for this wild beauty you have crafted. We love being here.

As much as I am enormously thankful for the people that have opened their hearts and homes to us for the past few months (my Grandma and now Todd's parents), I am starting to feel a little homesick for our own home. We're not sure where that will be next. I can't even run ahead in my thoughts imagining where the green rug or the little table will go.

Psalm 90:1 "Lord, you have been our dwelling place in all generations". What a comfort. The God of the Ages is our dwelling place; constant, secure, changeless. When I am tempted to measure security by a home or possessions here on this temporary earth, remind me, Lord, of my true heart's rest - You.

2 comments:

Borbe Bunch said...

HI Julie!
Did you get my phone message?? Hope so! :) Miss you and would LOVE to chat, when you are free to!! Love ya and praying for you...
I love your attitude in all the moving and "unsureness", what a blessing to KNOW that the Lord knows the future and has a perfect plan...
love ya,
Lizy

tamie marie said...

Julie...I just read your last 3 or 4 posts, and what I am amazed most by is how you keep pursuing gratitude. I know it's not always easy, and even though you might know objectively that you have things to be thankful for, it can be hard to really feel the gratitude. So I admire you for your courage to keep trying, keep putting one foot in front of the other, and keep pursuing thankfulness. You are an amazing role model for me and I really look up to you.