Welcome!

We are so thankful for the wonderful friends and family God's given us! We are glad to share our lives with you. Enjoy your visit to our blog...

Sunday, October 19, 2008

a book and fresh apple cider!

I'm having computer/camera problems, so haven't been able to post a picture of Elijah wearing his 'bubble' in the oxygen chamber yet - sorry!
I am once again relishing my weekend 'home' (where is home, anyway?)...and especially my husband!! A few weeks ago we started reading a book to each other in the evenings. We don't have TV, but even without that distraction we found we needed something to draw us close and help us talk. I highly recommend it! Right now we're reading "The Most Important Place on Earth" by Robert Wolgemuth. It describes "what a Christian home looks like and how to build one", and it is chock-full of practical ideas.

I love not only the book but also being snuggled up to my husband on the couch while Elijah is trying to fall asleep (i.e. crying in the next room!). I suppose we are learning about the 'intentionality' that is so needed to stay close in marriage. Without a goal (reading together), it would be easy to fall into the habit of doing our own thing in the evenings.

Todd is in the backyard, loading apples into the pickup truck. A friend of ours from church is going to help us make apple cider tonight...I can't wait for a nice cold glass of fresh-pressed cider!

Elijah has gotten a little cold over the weekend, so please pray that he'll be able to continue on Monday with his therapy if that's what the Lord would have. He has seemed a little happier lately, and we are thankful for that! He is also getting used to being in the oxygen chamber and didn't cry much the last few days. So far we are 9 (treatments) down, and 31 to go! We are so grateful for the opportunity Elijah has to do this therapy, and that our doctors here seem to be behind us (or openly supportive).

1 comment:

Vanessa said...

Oh man, Julie! I remember making apple cider with the Well's - what a great memory, and I'm so glad you get to do it again! :) I just wanted to let you know that you are in my thoughts alot and also I am praying for you guys. :) I have been pretty overwhelmed with school, but I see an end...haha - I counted my math exams and realized I only have 3 more tests (including my final) and 2 quizes! WHOO HOO! ;) love you lots!