Welcome!

We are so thankful for the wonderful friends and family God's given us! We are glad to share our lives with you. Enjoy your visit to our blog...

Friday, October 24, 2008

a little photo journaling


Pictures from last weekend's cider pressing...

Elijah wasn't very happy to sit in his chair alone, so we watched the cider pressers together from the sideline and took pictures!



Todd's hands...more cider pictures to come!


This is Elijah's "cousin", who surprised us with a visit last night!



Elijah's little friend was so sweet, talking to him and putting toys all around him. :) She came for a visit with her mom and little bro', just to keep us company here.


I'm playing catch-up with this picture. This is Elijah and his cousin, B., enjoying time a few weeks ago near Seattle. I think the little boys are so cute together, one without a shirt and one without pants. (They just got up.)

This is a very, very sleepy Elijah getting his SPECT scan done three weeks ago.

I wish Elijah looked happier on this picture, but here he is with the bubble he wears during the hyperbaric oxygen therapy (without the air tubes attached). I think he was trying to say that he had had enough bubble-wearing for one day!!

This is a worn-out little guy in front of the hyperbaric oxygen chamber. It's huge!


------------------------------------------------------------


"Ahhhhhh..." -- that's how I felt when Todd's Mom arrived a few days ago to help us. Taking care of Elijah alone is not easy, and I can feel the extra lifting and carrying (without Todd to help) in my bones. I am so relieved now that Mom Harkins is here!

Thank you, Lord, for sending help now...

just like You have so many times in the past

when I felt like I couldn't go on.

We finished hyperbaric oxygen treatment #14! Just 26 to go. Whether or not this is a benefit from the hbot, I can't say, but we do have a big praise: Elijah went to sleep for his nap today WITHOUT CRYING! I'm not sure if that has ever happened in his entire life.

It's Friday, and we have decided to stay in our borrowed house for the weekend. Todd is coming in a few hours - yay!! Hmmm, I just realized that we'll have a free babysitter for the next few days and we're close to a "big" city...I think we should take advantage of this!!


2 comments:

Andrea said...

Julie, you inspire me immensely. I really want you to know that. I feel such peace visiting your little place on the web, and your sweet words about Elijah are a balm to this mama's soul!!!
I am thankful your mother in law is there visiting to help you. How wonderful. Enjoy a nice date with your hubby. sending love, andrea

The Moffits said...

Julie - so glad to hear your mom-in-law is there for a bit!!

Also, did your email address change?? My messages keep getting sent back...hmmmm.