Welcome!

We are so thankful for the wonderful friends and family God's given us! We are glad to share our lives with you. Enjoy your visit to our blog...

Sunday, November 2, 2008

a smile from my son...

We have it down to a routine, these past few weeks...

Drive to the hyperbaric clinic, take Elijah out of the car and put him in his chair. Wheel inside and head for the dressing room. Change clothes, change diaper, give Elijah a snack through his g-tube. 'Hurry, have him ready to go by 11:30.'

Then one day last week, in the midst of all the hurry and preparation, I stopped everything. Because there on the changing table, my little boy looked at me. Not just in my direction but eye to eye. That alone was miracle enough, but then...

he smiled at me.


Tears spilled while I talked to my son, drinking in that precious moment, holding his eyes as long as it lasted.

5 comments:

lovemylife said...

Oh, Julie! I'm so happy that God gave you that moment. I remember something you wrote a long time ago, about how you just longed to see him smile at you, to feel that connection. Thanks for sharing it with us!

Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord!

Carrie said...

WOW, I'M CRYING TEARS OF JOY TOO!!!
Love to hear all the updates.We are praying for you...

Lauren is 38 weeks now...she's doing great!
Today is Caleb, Lauren, and my birthday. We celebrated on Sat. The three amigos :-).

Melody said...

How awesome for you AND Elijah to share that special moment. Thanks for sharing that with us.

Loren & Åsa Gill said...

We are happy that God gave you that little moment of joy! If you come through WI at all this year we would love to see you guys!!!