Welcome!

We are so thankful for the wonderful friends and family God's given us! We are glad to share our lives with you. Enjoy your visit to our blog...

Thursday, September 2, 2010

tomorrow's the day!

After nine months, it's hard to believe the day's finally here! Todd and I are going to the hospital tomorrow (Friday) at 9am to be induced...so that we can hold our precious little boy in our arms at last!

If the Lord brings us to your mind, will you pray that:
- Our minds will rest on Him so that we can have perfect peace
- God will give the doctors wisdom as they monitor the baby's progress
- I'll transition quickly into labor...and things will happen fast :)
- The baby will be born safely
- That God will help me to not relive the pain of the past too much, but to cherish every moment that I do have at the present.

I am amazed and thankful for the calmness in my heart tonight. We know that whatever lies ahead is already known and in the care of our loving God. I am looking forward to all the "firsts" with this little one, Lord willing, like his first cry...my first glimpse...the moment our eyes meet...holding him...all the things that didn't happen at Elijah's birth. I know that the ache I still feel over losing those moments with Elijah will intensify my gratefulness tomorrow!

Much love, friends. Thanks for your prayers!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Julie,
I just took some time to pray for the requests you listed. My heart is beating a little faster with anticipation of the news of the arrival of your second son. We praise the Lord with you that He goes before us and we need not fear. What a wonderful promise.
We love you and are so excited to hear the announcement from the family of 4!

Unknown said...

I am praying for you and your family. God's grace and peace be on you guys. His love and amazement overwhelm your hearts, His love and joy always guide your precious family.

Carrie said...

We have been lifting you up in prayer and now with the goo news of Lukas William we are thrilled beyond words. Our whole entire family rejoices with you.

Lydia said...

Congratulations, Todd and Julie! Its been so long since we've seen each other, but I think about you frequently and pray for your family! I'm looking forward to reading how things went! Praying God's blessings on you all! Much love!! -Lydia