Welcome!

We are so thankful for the wonderful friends and family God's given us! We are glad to share our lives with you. Enjoy your visit to our blog...

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Only Refuge

I had a bit of time to write in my computer "journal" today. I decided to share it with you.

August 13, 2007

I’m sitting on the ball holding a sleeping Elijah. I dare not move a centimeter, or he won’t be sleeping anymore. I’m typing with one hand.

I feel that in many ways we’ve grown to accept the handicaps and special needs our Buddy has, but taking care of him has turned into one long endurance match. I can’t remember anymore what it feels like to really rest at night, or even to have one quiet hour during the day that I can just lay on the couch and chill. I hope there comes a time when all this seems a distant memory…when I can savor the peace, relax for a while. I probably wouldn’t know what to do with myself.

I am so thankful for Ate Minda who is cooking Filipino food right now for our lunch, and who just came into our room to ask me for some hangers for the laundry. What an incredible blessing to be in this place, at this time! Living here in some ways is much easier. The pressure of nitty-gritty life is a lot less with Ate and Veronica’s help. I never expected that when we came, but I would have burned out a long time ago without them!

“This God – His way is perfect; the Word of the Lord proves true; He is a shield for all those who take refuge in Him. For who is God, but the Lord? And who is a rock, except our God? This God is my strong refuge…” 2 Samuel 22:31-33a

Those verses sound like a song to me. Maybe some day I’ll be singing it. Lord, You are my Rock. Even when I feel forsaken and abandoned, You are my strong Refuge.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I remember what it was like to "try not to move a centimeter or Elijah will wake up"...but you are dealing with it every day. I prayed for you this morning. Thank you Lord, for Julie's helpers!

tamie marie said...

This post was very moving to me, Julie. Your honesty and shining heart stir my own heart. What strength of character you have! I am thankful you are in the world.