Welcome!

We are so thankful for the wonderful friends and family God's given us! We are glad to share our lives with you. Enjoy your visit to our blog...

Tuesday, August 7, 2007

small boy and the Daddy he loves

Ready for some heart-stopping action? These are a few more photos from our trip up north - how we loved being in the country! Elijah's muscle tone would really relax when he was outside, and he liked hearing different sounds (like birds and dogs) and looking around. My theory is that he could see the silhouettes of trees, etc., outlined against the sky and he loves getting visual imput. His other love is rough-housing with Todd. Todd is such a great Dad!! I am so blessed to have a wonderful husband who also happens to be an incredible Father. So put on your seatbelts for the next few photos!



Definitely a smile on Elijah's face -- isn't he just so cute?? You can almost hear him begging for "more, Dad"!
Before this, we really hadn't seen any grass to speak of since last summer in Wisconsin. Elijah says, "Hmm, Dad, this stuff feels kinda funny on my toes"!

The Philippines is feeling more and more like home to us. I never thought I would say that, especially at first! Manila is not a nice place to live in many respects, so lately I have been praying that God would help me to be content no matter where we live. It is almost surprising to me now when I have a thought like "I think I'm going to like this place" or something similar, but isn't that just how our God works? Surprising, mysterious, and wonderful are His ways.

4 comments:

Jen said...

Those are the cutest pictures! I almost had a heart attack seeing that picture of Elijah way up in the air, but that smile is PRICELESS!! I'm glad that the PI is starting to feel like home :-) and glad to see that you had a great trip up north. Looking at the pictures of the guys working makes me jealous that we weren't there to join in the fun! Love you guys lots!
Jen

Sarah said...

Yes, I can see Todd is a great dad! LOVE Elijah's smile! Thanks, Julie, for reminding me to be content. God bless you!

Borbe Bunch said...

That is such a SMILE!!! He is so precious!!!
What a FUN daddy...going outside is fun for Ezzy too, he loves to swing :)
He loves to hear his daddy play his guitar and sing...the girls dance with him, FUN times!
LOVE you, blessed by you...
SO glad that you are all adjusting and seeing God's hand in it all! :)

lynnj said...

Wow, that's pretty high for such a little guy! But, he's always had a love for roller coaster rides... he's got a better stomach for action than I do! And that's a million dollar smile if I ever saw one! Looks like he's enjoying life a little bit now, and sounds like you guys are too.
Love you, JK