Welcome!

We are so thankful for the wonderful friends and family God's given us! We are glad to share our lives with you. Enjoy your visit to our blog...

Friday, May 2, 2008

lumps

A small mound of grayish clay sits on the wheel in front of me. I'm supposed to make something from the lump.

As the wheel spins, my wet hands glide along the clay. The instructor says, "Remember, this clay doesn't want to be here. It would rather be back in the pond or wherever it came from. You are the one to apply pressure to make it take shape."

Hmmm. That reminds me of someone I know. Often, I would so much rather be 'back in the pond' or wherever life would be a little easier. I could just be my own lump -- none of this transformation business for me, please.

Thank you, Lord, that You apply pressure where I need it. I'm glad Your hands are skilled, and that You don't wait for me to ask for help out of my "lumpishness". You know too well the nature of the clay.

PS As you can tell, I'm taking a pottery class! I'm enjoying a little creative time, and since it's just a block away from our house, Todd and Elijah can walk down to watch me! Fun.


No comments: