Welcome!

We are so thankful for the wonderful friends and family God's given us! We are glad to share our lives with you. Enjoy your visit to our blog...

Friday, May 30, 2008

smiles

We had a great memorial day weekend...we spent time with a special family (and company), got to attend the grad party of a wonderful girl, and stayed the night with Todd's aunt and uncle. It still amazes me that of all the places in the USA we could have lived, the Lord put us HERE. Here where we have family and even a few friends nearby.

This is Elijah learning to balance himself...he can sometimes sit for 30 seconds or even a minute on a good day. I'm trying to learn the art of not over-protecting my child with special needs. In other words, I let him tip over when he loses his balance (on a soft surface). How else can he learn how his body works? I have to remind myself that all babies have to learn this in the same way. Although Elijah happens to be nearly two, the process is the same.


Here is a little series of pictures to show you what a blessed Mom I am: Elijah had these beautiful smiles and expressions when we got up today. I didn't catch the first and biggest smile on camera, but these are just about as cute! I am so excited that Elijah's face is showing more emotion. It's still so very subtle most of the time, but occasionally he breaks out with a heart-melter smile.

My heart was drip, drip, dripping this morning.





4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We love you and are praying for you, Julie, Todd and Elijah!

Vanessa said...

Julie, THANK you for sharing those pictures! I miss my little bug! Hopefully I can see you guys soon. love you! miss you!!!! :)

lynnj said...

Wow, he's really getting strong! Way to go E!

The Moffits said...

Wow, Julie! Sitting!!! Smiling!!! Miraculous!! Thanks for letting us in on God's power in Elijah's life!!