Welcome!

We are so thankful for the wonderful friends and family God's given us! We are glad to share our lives with you. Enjoy your visit to our blog...

Friday, May 23, 2008

prone to wander, we all are...

From a distance, I saw her walking out to his truck. She was carrying her clothes on hangars and a laundry basket full of stuff. Even though she's in her twenties, I felt like I was watching a little girl being taken off to slavery. Sorrow struck my heart, and I wanted to rescue her.

Looking for love, this girl is returning to an abusive relationship.

Her previous boyfriend had been abusive...she locked her door and kept the curtains closed so he would stay away. More than once he had come in the middle of the night, drunkenly pounding on her closed door.

Now she is going back.

Our world, friends, is so full of hurting people. We are not immune from the same hurts, nor do we have all the answers; we are just comforted and made whole by Jesus! Please pray with us for people like this girl who need to hear from you and from me about the Lover whose love is real.

No comments: