Welcome!

We are so thankful for the wonderful friends and family God's given us! We are glad to share our lives with you. Enjoy your visit to our blog...

Thursday, May 8, 2008

new, squiggly playthings

It has finally been warm enough for us to get the beginnings of a (container) garden started in our yard. Elijah came out to 'help', of course. I went into the house for something, and this is what I found when I came back!

Without even thinking, the momma in me swooped in to remove those little critters from Elijah's tray. Todd said, "Julie, please don't take them away! Little boys play with worms. You're just not used to your baby getting dirty." (Obviously, Todd is the fun guy in our family!) I had to admit that he was right. Why shouldn't Elijah have the chance to play with worms? I'm so thankful for my little boy's daddy, who makes sure that Elijah gets to experience life to the fullest, even playing with worms.

Thank you, Lord, for all the creatures You've made, great and small. Thank you for our sweet pea of a boy who helps us rediscover the world, and for a husband who lets him.


4 comments:

Borbe Bunch said...

I love that!!! Ezzy still has yet to play with worms, thanks for the idea!!! :)
How fun for him to be a BOY! Todd that is great, you are a very cool dad, keep it up :)
and Julie, us moms are all the same, :) how funny! glad that you can let Elijah get messy and be a boy...
this post was fun and made me smile, thanks for sharing!! :)

Vanessa said...

YUCK! :) but oh so precious! I love seeing pictures of him - but he is getting SO BIG! Keep sharing! Love you, miss you guys! Hugs and kisses to Elijah! (Hugs to you too! ;)

Unknown said...

Awww, how fun for him! Julie, I was wondering if you guys got an email from me a while ago? I sent it to your ntm address, but I wasn't sure how much longer you were going to use that one... Thanks so much for sharing your lives with us! I love the pictures of Elijah and reading what God teaches your heart through him!

Love, Tracey

Andrea said...

So awesome. I love it.
Boys *love* those bugs and squiggly things!!